has been practiced for millennia
When relying on the wisdom of nature, we should always be aware of its effects, including unexpected or negative side effects, and its interaction with contemporary medicaments. Consulting with your physician before taking any natural supplement is very important, especially if you are taking medication, have a chronic medical condition, are pregnant or nursing.
In Sophia Naturalis we will share with you information found through extensive research on the benefits and risks of natural medicine, herbs, plants, fruits, and vegetables. However, please remember we are not prescribing any specific treatment, nor do we recommend you discontinue any current medical treatment without consulting with your physician first. Also, please note that the intensity of desired and side effects can vary significantly in children and infants. Children under the age of 6 months should never be given any oral preparation aside from breast milk or formula.
- Not all-natural medicine is for everyone, make sure you are one of the individuals that can safely use the wisdom of nature to your advantage.
- Keep a log recording the name of the herb, dosage, frequency, length of time and side effects if any. If you experiment negative side effects that include headache, trouble breathing, nausea, dizziness, stomachache, rash, palpitations, insomnia or itchiness, stop taking the supplement and call your doctor.
- Natural medicine sometimes takes a little longer than pills, so be patient and consistent.
- Consider not going solo; consult with a licensed professional with extensive training on natural medicine.
- Never give or apply any natural remedy combined with alcohol or spirits to children or infants.
Everything we need to be healthy has been put on earth. Before there was modern medicine, there were herbs, flowers, fruits and vegetables to treat and even cure disease. Sophia Naturalis, the wisdom of nature, has always been within our reach.
Photography by: Conscious Design and Joshua Sortino @ Unsplash